Dr. Brown’s baby bottles are popular for its innovative internal venting system designed to reduce colic symptoms in babies. But it’s biggest downfall is the number of parts which makes cleaning a hassle. Here are some popular alternative bottles similar to Dr. Brown’s anti-colic feature but with fewer parts to clean. Excited? 🙂
Each baby bottle brand on my list is designed to reduce unpleasant colic and reflux symptoms in babies. I recommend trying each bottle to find the right fit for your baby and discover if they’re a better alternative to Dr. Brown’s anti-colic bottle.
Alternatives to Dr Brown’s Bottles
- Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature
- MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottle
- Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
- Comotomo Baby Bottle
- Philips Avent Natural Baby Bottle
- Munchkin Latch Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
- Evenflo Feeding Angled Vented Plus Baby Bottle
This bottle is designed with an anti-colic valve in the nipple for reducing air intake. The breast-like nipples are also designed with different flow rates which also helps to minimize excessive gas.
When comparing Dr. Brown’s to Tommee Tippee bottles, there are only three parts to wash with Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature baby bottles.
This bottle is also one of my top choices when it comes to bottle-feeding your baby with thickened formula.
- Soft silicone breast-shaped nipple for easy latching
- BPA and phthalate-free materials
- Anti-colic valve inserted in the nipple
- Different flow rate nipples available
- Bottle designed for easy hold
- Easy to wash with fewer parts
- Easy transitioning from breast to bottle
- Ultra-slow nipple flow ideal for newborns
- Some babies might get frustrated with the slow flow
Watch this video to see how simple this bottle design is!
The vented base design of this bottle helps to reduce colic and reflux symptoms by reducing air bubbles in the milk. While it has four parts if washed by hand, the bottle can also be self-sterilized in the microwave for a hygienic clean.
When comparing Dr. Brown vs MAM for anti-colic features, MAM bottles are far easier to clean and assemble while still reducing gas in the baby.
- Vented base design to regulate pressure during feeding
- BPA and BPS-free materials
- Elongated nipple with anti-slip texture for easier latching
- Easy to clean with no fiddly parts
- Nipple flow prevents choking or gulping
- Great for switching between breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- More expensive than other bottles
The air-free vented base, no vent in the nipple, and angled design of this bottle all help to decrease feeding issues such as gas and burping. The ergonomic design allows for upright feeding which is proven to reduce both reflux and ear infections.
When dealing with bottles leaking, manufacturers recommend disassembling the bottle completely when cleaning and drying all parts thoroughly before reassembling.
- Air-free bottom vent prevents vacuum forming in the bottle
- Vent-free nipple to stop air mixing with milk
- Ergonomic angled design
- BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free materials
- Natural wide-shaped nipple with raised texture for latching
- Fewer parts for easy cleaning
- Easy to switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- More comfortable feeding with slanted design
- Bottom plastic ring can get filled with water which causes leaking
The dual anti-colic vents in the nipple are designed to reduce air intake. With only three parts and a wide-neck, this bottle is a breeze to clean.
If you’re looking for an easy to clean, dishwasher-safe anti-colic bottle when comparing Comotomo vs Dr. Brown’s bottles, Comotomo wins hands down.
- Designed to mimic mom’s breast for easy latching
- Constructed with soft, food-grade silicone
- Anti-colic technology in nipple
- Flexible nipple with spiral design to prevent collapse
- Dishwasher-, microwave-, sterilizer-, and boiling water-safe
- Fewer parts to clean
- Soft and comfortable for baby to hold
- Easy switching between the breast and bottle
- Bottle material attracts lint
While the winning feature of this bottle is its wide breast-shaped nipple for easy latching and transitioning from the breast to bottle, it’s also good for preventing colic. The patented Airflex vent technology used in the nipple is designed to vent away air from your baby’s tummy.
When looking for dishwasher-safe bottles among popular brands such as Avent, Comotomo, Tommee Tippee baby bottles, you’ll be glad to know Avent is one of them.
I wrote about Avent Classic vs Natural bottles in a separate article in case you want to learn about other Avent bottles, too.
- Ultra-soft nipples for easy latching
- Ergonomic shape for easy holding and gripping
- Anti-colic technology in nipples
- Spiral design on nipples for natural feel and less collapse
- Easy to clean with only 3 parts
- Different flow rates available in nipples
- Can transform into a sippy cup
- Misplaced vents can result on leakage
The anti-colic valve at the bottom of the bottle is designed to reduce colic and reflux symptoms in babies by limiting air flow through the milk. The ultra-flexible nipple also helps to reduce a build-up of gas.
This is one of the best bottles for tongue-tied babies with its easy to latch on nipple design.
- Flexible nipple for correct latching
- Allows for baby-led feeding
- Anti-colic valve to prevent colic and reflux
- Nipples available for 3 stages
- Dishwasher-safe in top rack
- Easy to clean with 3 parts
- Compatible with most breast pumps
- Easy transition between breast and bottle
- Occasional nipple collapse
The angled design of this bottle allows for upright feeding, preventing reflux and colic. The vented design of the nipple also minimizes air flow in the milk, reducing gassiness in your baby.
This is one of the best bottles for reflux while also being easy to clean with only three parts to worry about.
- Ergonomic angled shape
- Proflow venting technology to prevent reflux and colic
- Nipples available in different flow rates
- Compatible with most breast pumps
- Dishwasher-safe (top rack)
- Slim bottle for easy holding and grip
- No leaking problems
- Easy for latching
- Not easy to pour milk in with narrow mouth
How to Find the Best Alternative to a Dr. Brown’s Bottle
When looking for the best alternative to a Dr. Brown’s bottle, consider the following options:
- Test run a single bottle from each brand
- Pick a bottle with fewer, fiddly parts to wash
- Look for bottles with an angled shape for upright feeding
- Ensure the bottles use anti-colic technology in their design
- Nipples should be available in different flow rates
- Bottles and nipples should be BPA and phthalates-free
- Bottle and parts can be washed in the dishwasher
- Bottles are easy to disassemble for cleaning and simple to reassemble for feeding
It’s possible to find baby bottle brands similar to Dr. Brown’s features without having as many parts to disassemble and clean. The alternatives use various anti-colic technology features to help reduce reflux and colic symptoms when feeding your baby.
By trial running my list of brands, you should be able to find a suitable alternative for your baby. By the way do you know how long you should be using anti-colic bottles at all? That’s what I wrote about in a separate article. Moreover, there are some pros and cons of anti-colic bottles so make sure to read also that article of mine.
Last update on 2023-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API