Picking the right bottle for your baby’s feeding needs takes some experimentation! Baby bottle brands offer a range of features, from anti-colic vents to extra slow flow nipples. If you’re looking at Tommee Tippee vs MAM bottles, you’ve come to the right place. I’m talking about the differences and similarities between these two brands, so read on!
Tommee Tippee and MAM bottles include anti-colic systems. Their nipples are designed for easy latching and switching from breast to bottle. MAM offers plastic and glass bottles. Tommee Tippee only has plastic bottles. MAM stands out for its awards-winning self-sterilizing feature.
Tommee Tippee vs MAM bottles – differences and similarities
Check out what makes Tommee Tippee and MAM bottles different from each other!
The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottle uses an anti-colic valve to reduce the flow of air in the milk during feeding. This helps to minimize colic symptoms in your baby. The anti-colic venting system of the Tommee Tippee Advanced Anti-Colic Baby Bottle draws air away from the milk, reducing colic, gas, and infant reflux.
MAM bottles can have some serious leaking problems if they’re not assembled correctly before feeding. Leakage is also a problem if the vented base isn’t screwed on properly. And, the bottle will leak if the nipple or lid is placed while the milk is still very hot.
The Tommee Tippee bottles can leak if not assembled properly before feeding or the temperature of the milk is too high, causing pressure build-up. Find out how to solve the bottle leaking issue by reading my article on how to stop the leaks!
Ease of Cleaning
MAM has a unique self-sterilizing feature in their Easy Start Anti-Colic Baby Bottle making cleaning as easy as 1-2-3! Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines to assemble the bottle for cleaning before placing it in the microwave for 3 minutes for a sterilized bottle. All MAM bottles and parts are also dishwasher-safe.
Tommee Tippee bottles are easy to clean. They can be washed with warm, soapy water or placed in the dishwasher. Pop the parts into a basket for your dishwasher that contains baby bottles, place it on the top rack, and you’re good to go!
MAM nipples have a soft and elongated feel similar to mom. The texture and shape of these teats make for easy latching and switching between the breast and bottle. They come in different flow rates, matching your baby’s feeding pace.
Tommee Tippee nipples feel just like mom’s breasts! This makes for easy latching as well as simpler switching between breastfeeding and bottle-feeding or transitioning to the bottle. The nipples come in various flow rates.
MAM bottles are made with BPA- and BPS-free polypropylene plastic or high-quality, pharmaceutical-grade glass. The nipples are made with silicone.
All Tommee Tippee bottles are 100% BPA-free and made with plastic or soft-feel silicone which is anti-static and odor and stain-resistant.
Tommee Tippee bottles
The Tommee Tippee baby bottle range offers two designs:
- Closer to Nature Baby Bottle: Designed with breast-like features, this bottle makes it easy to switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. The Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Soft Feel Silicone Baby Bottle is designed to resemble a mom’s breast with its soft feel and squeezable feature. Available in different colors, patterns, and sizes.
- Tommee Tippee Advanced Anti-Colic Baby Bottle: Designed with an anti-colic venting system. Heat sensing technology in the tubing tells you when the milk is at the right temperature for safe feeding. They come with soft breast-like nipples and are available in various flow rates, bottle sizes, colors, and patterns.
If you want more information about Tommee Tippee bottles, read my comprehensive Dr Brown versus Tommee Tippee bottles comparison review. You can also watch this video to find out how the anti-colic venting system works.
- Anti-colic valves and venting systems for reducing colic, gas, and reflux symptoms.
- Soft, silicone, breast-like nipples for easy latching and switching from breast to bottle.
- Bottle is breast-shaped, making them more reassuring for babies.
- Heat sensing technology for indicating milk temperature.
- Wide-neck opening for easy filling and cleaning.
- Dishwasher, microwave, and bottle sterilizer-safe.
- Made with BPA-free materials.
- Soft and small enough for small hands to hold
- Easy for latching and transitioning from the breast to bottle
- Great for colic, gas, and reflux relief
- Assembling can be time-consuming with many parts
Do MAM teats fit Tommee Tippee Bottles?
MAM teats won’t fit properly on any of the Tommee Tippee bottles despite both having wide-neck openings. Find out more about MAM teats in my comparison review between MAM or Avent baby bottles.
MAM bottles come in three different models:
- Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottles: Designed to be used in combination with breastfeeding, these bottles are great for newborns. The flat, breast-shaped teat encourages latching while the anti-colic valve insert reduces airflow in the milk. Its unique self-sterilizing function makes cleaning simple in the microwave.
- Easy Active Bottles: The ergonomic shape of this bottle makes it comfortable for small hands to hold. Designed for older, active babies, the bottle comes with a flat, soft teat, and fun motifs.
- Feel Good Glass Bottles: Made with premium temperature-resistant glass with a matt finish, this bottle also uses the brand’s soft-feel silicone nipples. It doesn’t absorb odors, is stain-resistant, and is dishwasher-safe.
Here’s a separate article I wrote about MAM bottles being good alternatives to Tommee Tippee bottles.
- Award-winning self-sterilizing function in anti-colic bottles for easy cleaning and sanitization.
- Vented base design in anti-colic bottles for reducing colic, gas, and reflux symptoms.
- Flat, symmetric, soft-feel silicone teat resembling mom’s breast.
- Wide openings for easy filling and cleaning.
- 100% BPA and BPS-free.
- Dishwasher, microwave, and bottle sterilizer-safe.
Watch this video demonstrating MAM’s unique self-sterilizing feature.
- Easy latching and switching between breastfeeding and bottle feeding
- Available in fun and modern patterns and colors
- Easy to clean
- Bottles leak if not carefully assembled
- Cleaning is time-consuming with many parts
Do Tommee Tippee teats fit MAM Bottles?
While both Tommee Tippee and MAM bottles have wide neck openings, they’re not interchangeable with each other. The Tommee Tippee nipple and neck design is uniquely different, making it impossible to use their teats with other brands including MAM bottles.
The MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottle wins hands down with its self-sterilizing feature. New parents handling a newborn will be grateful to be spending less time cleaning the bottle! This is my top pick because I’m all for baby items that make parenting a breeze!
But, if you’re looking for a bottle that’s easy for latching and switching between breastfeeding and bottle-feeding, opt for the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle with its natural feel.
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API