When you’re comparing baby feeding bottles, two popular names have most likely made it to your list – Lansinoh vs Comotomo bottles. How do they stack up when it comes to comparing different key features? Is one better than the other? Let’s take a closer look to find out!
For those eager to learn about my top choice, it’s going to be Comotomo‘s product. You’ll learn about the reasons later.
As two leading bottle brands, both Lansinoh and Comotomo feature anti-colic designs and wide necks. The only essential difference between the two is that Lansinoh bottles are made of plastic Comotomo boasts a more breast-like feel with their medical-grade silicone.
Differences between Lansinoh and Comotomo bottles
I’ve drawn up a comparison table between these two popular products to help you find the best option for your baby.
|Size||– 5 oz|
– 8 oz
|– 5 oz|
– 8 oz
|Material||– BPA-free polypropylene plastic|
|100% medical grade silicone|
|Nipple design||NaturalWave Nipple||Wide-neck (wider than the usual wide-neck design)|
|Bottle shape||– Wide-neck|
|Types of bottles||– Anti-colic|
– Breast milk storage
– Feeding bottle
|Dual-vented feeding bottle|
Lansinoh Baby Bottle Features
Lansinoh bottles are generally available in two different sizes. The breastfeeding bottles and breast pump bottles are a standard 5 oz. The glass version, however, is available in 8 oz.
Lansinoh is renowned for its innovative NaturalWave Nipple. The design of this nipple allows your little one to perform the same natural sucking action as they would during breastfeeding. That means there’s no need to struggle with a baby who doesn’t want to latch onto a bottle.
Many parents find that the Lansinoh wide-neck option makes pumping, storing and feeding so much simpler. Since this bottle mimics breastfeeding patterns, the baby doesn’t have to learn a different way of feeding.
Types of bottles
Lansinoh boasts bottle types that include the following:
- Feeding bottles: The more popular Momma breastmilk feeding bottle has a soft and flexible silicone nipple with a matte surface. This combination works well to make latching hassle-free. This is also the type of bottle that is on my list of baby bottles for babies with low muscle tone.
- Breast milk storage bottles: Lansihoh strives to make storing breast milk easy for moms who need to pump in advance. Their storage bottles not only keep breast milk safe and fresh but also boast an easy-twist cap, making it easy to open–even if you’re holding your little one. Additionally, their NaturalWave nipple can easily be attached which instantly changes the storage bottle to a feeding bottle.
- Glass bottles: Many parents want to avoid using plastic as much as possible and prefer using glass bottles. The good news is that Lansinoh also has a medical-grade borosilicate glass option that’s thermal resistant and sturdy.
It’s worth noting that all Lansinoh bottles have a built-in anti-colic feature. Their Air Ventilation System, or AVS, as it’s more commonly known, is a firm favorite with parents who have babies struggling with colic or reflux.
Moreover, they when using Lansinoh bottles. since they fit Lansinoh pumps very well, you don’t have to worry about the bottle being potentially incompatible with your chosen pump.
The polypropylene plastic used in Lansinoh bottles is both BPA and toxin free as I mentioned it also here. As I’ve mentioned earlier in this article, their glass versions are made from medical-grade borosilicate.
Do Comotomo teats fit Lansinoh bottles?
Due to Comotomo teats being bigger than the average wide-neck bottles, their teats won’t fit on other bottles. Other nipple brands that fit onto Lansinoh bottles are:
- Joovy Boob
- Dr. Brown’s Wide Neck Nipples
- Philips Avent Nipples
Comotomo baby bottle features
Comotomo bottles are essentially made in two sizes–5 oz and 8 oz. They are also available in green and pink.
Many parents enjoy the double vent designed into Comotomo bottles. The dual vent serves to eliminate unnecessary air intake. With its super-wide design, the nipple is designed to mimic mom’s breast which makes latching easier. Nipples are available in the following sizes:
- Slow flow for newborns up to 3 months
- Medium flow for 3 to 6 months
- Faster flow for older babies
Both the Comotomo bottle and nipple are made of medical-grade silicone, making them soft and easy for your baby to hold and squeeze. Each bottle comes standard with a bottle base, a nipple, a nipple ring and a cap.
Types of bottles
Comotomo only has one type of baby feeding bottle–the Comotomo Baby Bottle. Despite this, it’s still easy to pump directly into the bottle and use it to store breast milk.
By opting to use medical-grade silicone, Comotomo frees their baby bottles of potentially harmful chemicals such as BPA, PVC or Phthalates.
Do Lansinoh teats fit Comotomo bottles?
The short answer here is no. This is because of the unique shape of a Comotomo bottle. If you’re buying Comotomo bottles, be sure to stock up on extra nipples. However, you might be interested to learn that you can attach Comotomo nipples to glass mason jars to make your own glass baby bottle!
Facts about Lansinoh
- Many moms enjoy the Lansinoh brand because its bottles are designed by moms for moms.
- In addition to baby bottles, the brand also stocks birth prep & recovery products such as organic massage oil, pain relief spray and their popular nipple creams.
- If you enjoy the Lansinoh brand, you’ll be happy to know that you can buy just about all your baby’s feeding accessories from them. They stock breast milk storage bags and breast pumps among other necessary items.
Facts about Comotomo
- Comotomo baby bottles and accessories are manufactured in South Korea.
- The bottles are a firm favorite because they’re easy for babies to hold and squish.
- Currently, Comotomo is the only 100% non-toxic medical-grade silicone baby bottle on the market.
Here’s a short clip showing you why Comotomo bottles are so popular.
Which baby bottle brand is best?
When choosing between these two impressive brands, it comes down to what your baby’s unique needs are.
However, my recommendation is the Comotomo because it’s easy for your baby to grip and it contains absolutely no potential toxins.
Comotomo and Lansinoh baby bottles will both provide you with a quality product. It really depends on what your baby is comfortable with!
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API