Searching for a bottle or bottles that are most similar to Avent bottles? I’m a big advocate of trying different baby bottles to find the most suitable one for your baby.
Bottles from the Philips Avent range are often a popular choice. However, many babies find that these bottles are tough to latch onto and often struggle to get the bottle to seal correctly.
When choosing an alternative to Avent bottles, consider features such as anti-colic and dishwasher-safe, and should also be easy to assemble. Alternatives should be easy to latch onto and hold by little hands. Top options to consider include Dr. Brown’s options, Chicco Duo, Tommee Tippee, Comotomo, Munchkin and NUK.
Alternatives to Avent Bottles
2. Chicco Duo
Dr. Brown’s extensive bottle range offers quality bottles that boast breast-like nipples and an internal venting system to reduce colic and acid reflux.
- Clinically proven to reduce colic
- Fully-vented feature preserves vitamins in the milk/formula
- Slow-flow nipple for paced feeding
- Compatible with most breast pump brands
- Anti-colic venting system can be removed as the baby grows
- Colic-vent system can be removed as the baby gets older
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy-to-read ounce markings
- Slow flow for smaller babies
- Extra parts make cleaning and assembling time-consuming
2. Chicco Duo
The Chicco Duo Hybrid bottle combines glass and plastic to give parents the benefits of glass without the risk of breakage. An inner glass layer touches the milk/formula and the plastic coating prevents the glass from breaking.
- Duo features enable a plastic coating to keep the actual glass bottle safe
- Slow nipple flow ensures baby doesn’t swallow too much milk
- Advanced anti-colic valve situated at the base of the nipple to reduce air ingestion
- Lightweight design makes it easier to hold than most other glass bottles
- Easy to clean
- Soft silicone nipple
- Markings on the bottle are hard to read
Tommee Tippee is regarded by many as the best alternative for the Avent bottles. With its different flow rates and anti-colic valve, it’s easy to see why it’s many parents’ go-to bottle.
- Anti-colic valve inserted in the nipple
- Soft silicone breast-shaped nipple allows for easy latching
- Bottle design makes it easy for little hands to hold
- Nipples are available with different flow rates
- Made from non-toxic BPA-free materials
- Boasts an extra-slow nipple for newborns
- Nipple shape makes transitioning hassle-free
- Fewer parts make it easy to assemble and clean
- Slow flow may not be ideal for all babies
Comotomo’s silicone feel and wide neck make it easy for babies to hold and latch onto. Additionally, its dual anti-colic vents are placed inside the nipple and are designed to reduce excess air being sucked into your baby’s tummy.
- Made with soft, BPA-free, food-grade silicone
- Nipple is designed with a spiral design to avoid collapse
- Dishwasher and microwave-safe
- Can be used in a compatible sterilizer
- Anti-colic technology within the nipple
- Comfortable for baby to hold
- Easy for little ones to switch between the breast and the bottle
- Fewer parts to clean
- Silicone attracts lint – always clean/dry with a lint-free cloth
The Munchkin Latch is a viable alternative because it has a super-flexible nipple which reduces the onset of colic symptoms. Additionally, the flexible nipple makes latching quick and simple.
- Anti-colic valve to control reflux and colic symptoms
- Nipples available in 3 stages
- Facilitates baby-led feeding
- Flexible nipple makes latching easier
- Simple transition between breast and bottle
- Fewer parts make it easier to clean
- Compatible with most breast pump brands
- Some parents have reported occasional nipple collapse
The NUK Nature Sense is another popular alternative to Avent. This has mostly to do with the safe temperature indicator that lets you know when the milk/formula is at the right temperature. Additionally, its advanced anti-colic air vent is a popular feature.
- Designed to mimic mom’s breast
- Super-soft nipple to enhance the feeding experience
- Safe Temp Technology lets you know when the milk is too hot
- Three components make cleaning and assembling easy
- Switching between bottle and breast is easy
- Soft nipple
- Markings are hard to read
- Nipple flow too fast for some babies
Bottles Similar to Avent Natural
The bottles most similar to the Avent Natural are:
Why are Avent bottles considered the best?
Avent bottles are a firm favorite by many parents for several reasons which include the following:
- Wide bottle design: Many parents have noticed that their babies prefer wider nipples that mimic mom’s breast. Read up on the differences between wide-neck vs. narrow-neck bottles to establish which one your baby needs.
- Controlled-pace nipple: This feature ensures that the baby isn’t overwhelmed with milk during feeding. The nipple responds well to the baby’s stop-and-start sucking motion.
- Anti-colic: Avent bottles have an anti-colic valve built directly into the bottle’s nipple. This flexes when your little one feeds, opening the anti-colic valve, which in turn allows air into the bottle, preventing a vacuum build-up. Air bubbles then move from the teat into the bottle rather than into your little one’s tummy.
- Easy to clean: Wider necks make Avent bottles easier to clean, especially if you’re hand-washing them.
Why would you want an Avent alternative?
If the Advent bottle is so popular, why would parents be searching for an alternative? There could be several reasons for this:
- Baby doesn’t like Avent: Rule number #1 when it comes to choosing the bottle is that your little one needs to take it without any fuss. Unfortunately, babies don’t always share their love of a particular bottle. If your baby isn’t keen on the Avent, you will have to find an alternative.
- Can be pricey: Avent bottles can be more expensive than other brands, including Dr. Brown’s. This may make finding an alternative with similar features more cost-effective.
- Latching struggles: Despite having a wide neck, and being labeled as easy to latch onto, some parents have found their babies don’t latch on quite as effectively as they had hoped. To avoid this frustration, it’s often simpler to just opt for an alternative.
Which Avent alternative should you choose?
The bottle with the most similar features to those of the Avent is the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bottle. With its wide, abruptly transitioning nipple, your little one will be able to drink their milk at a flow rate that’s comfortable for them.
Many parents also agree that the Tommee Tippee bottles are less likely to leak.
Here’s a quick video that highlights the top features of the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle.
If you’re looking for an alternative to your Avent bottles, the good news is that there are several different options to consider. Ensure that the alternative you’re considering shares the features you enjoy most about the Avent!
Additionally, if you’re still reviewing other brands, my article about bottles similar to Tommee Tippee is a must-read. Also, understanding the differences between Avent vs Lansinoh bottles will help you find the best option for your baby if you want to compare Lansinoh, a brand which is not on my list of alternatives in this article!
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API