Keeping parenting simple is vital for staying sane when rearing a young baby! Every parent has a trick or two up their sleeve for minimizing hassles such as those associated with bottle feeding. It’s always a good idea to check if items such as Boon bottles are dishwasher safe before adding them to your list of things to have.
NURSH Boon silicone pouch baby bottles are 100% dishwasher safe. The silicone pouch can be boiled, sterilized, or microwaved for easy cleaning. The parts must be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher before starting the wash cycle for a hygienic clean that’s efficient and simple.
- NURSH Boon silicone pouch bottles can be safely and hygienically cleaned in the dishwasher.
- The Boon silicone pouches and nipples are 100% dishwasher safe.
- The bottles, pouches, and nipples are made with top-quality silicone making them dishwasher safe.
- Boon bottles and parts can be cleaned by hand, in the microwave, boiled, or placed in a bottle sterilizer.
- The bottles and parts can be stored in many ways including the brand’s uniquely-designed drying racks.
Can You Put Boon Bottles in a Dishwasher?
All parts of the Boon baby bottle are 100% dishwasher safe. This includes the silicone pouch and nipple. Similar to other baby bottle brands that are dishwasher safe, it’s recommended to only use the top rack of the appliance.
Types of Boon Bottles and If They are Dishwasher-safe?
The NURSH Boon bottles are known for their innovative design to reduce air consumption during drinking. This helps to control symptoms such as infant reflux, gassiness, and colic in babies. Also known as NURSH silicone pouch bottles, these are the only type of feeding bottle available from the Boon brand.
The NURSH Reusable Silicone Pouch Bottle is available in two sizes – 4 oz and 8 oz and comes in a variety of colors. The Boon NURSH Nipples are available in four stages for different drinking styles.
Having a spare pack of Boon NURSH Reusable Silicone Pouches saves you the stress of running out of clean pouches if you’re waiting for the wash cycle to finish!
Watch this video demonstrating the Boon silicone pouch bottle.
Are the Boon Bottle Nipples Also Dishwasher Safe?
Boon nipples are 100% dishwasher safe and can be boiled or sterilized as well. They’re designed to resemble the mother’s breast, making it easier for your baby to latch and transition between breastfeeding and bottle feeding.
The nipples allow for proper tongue positioning as well as encourage healthy oral and dental development.
What Makes Boon Bottles Dishwasher Safe?
The bottles and nipples are made with top-grade silicone, making them 100% dishwasher safe. The silicone material doesn’t break down as quickly as plastic from repeated cleaning, reducing that icky appearance of peeling or cracking material.
How to Clean Boon Bottles in a Dishwasher
The manufacturers of Boon bottles recommend only using the top rack. Using a dishwasher basket (for baby bottles) helps keep parts such as the nipples and lids in one place during a wash cycle. In fact, the brand has its own Boon Dishwasher Basket Clutch designed to hold all the bits and pieces.
When washing baby bottles in the dishwasher, take note of the following:
- Disassemble the bottle parts and rinse under running water before placing in the dishwasher
- Avoid using harsh cleaning agents
- Select the hot wash cycle at a temperature of 65𝆩C for a hygienic clean
- Run the heated dry cycle and sanitization setting to ensure all germs are eliminated
Avoid hand-drying the bottles after a wash and rather leave them on a drying rack to air-dry. The Boon Twig Grass and Lawn Drying Rack is a wonderful accessory for this very purpose!
How to Clean Boon Bottles if You Don’t Have a Dishwasher
- Hand washing: Using warm water and a mild detergent such as Dawn Dish Soap for baby bottles, you can clean the bottles with a bottle brush. Using the Boon Cacti Bottle Cleaning Brush Set will make light work of washing bottles by hand!
- Boiling: The NURSH Boon bottle and parts can be safely sanitized in boiling water. Make sure they’re fully submerged under the water before leaving it to boil for five minutes. Remove with tongs and leave to air-dry.
- Microwave: The bottles and parts are microwave-safe. Placing them in a microwave steamer saves you a lot of hassles when it comes to cleaning baby bottles!
- Baby bottle sterilizer: Boon bottles can be safely cleaned in a sterilizer designed for this purpose. Follow the instructions before using the appliance for the first time to ensure your bottles are hygienically cleaned.
How to Store Boon Bottles After Washing Them
There are many ways to store your baby bottles so they’re out of the way while staying clean for the next feed. Boon bottles can be stored in a kitchen cupboard with the parts kept in a small storage basket. Or, they can be kept on a drying rack set aside for this specific purpose.
The Boon Drying Rack Lawn accessory is designed specifically for storing bottles and parts after a wash. It can be kept on the kitchen countertop, making the bottles and parts easily accessible for the next feed!
If you’re a fan of NURSH Boon silicone pouch bottles, you’ll be relieved to know that they’re completely dishwasher-safe! Using a dishwasher specially designed for baby bottles saves you from standing at the kitchen sink, giving you more quality time with your little one.
Made from premium-quality silicone, you can rest assured your Boon bottles and their parts will stay in top nick even when cleaned in the dishwasher. Isn’t that what you want from your bottle-feeding equipment?